1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Does that mean eu servers?

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by Icemourne, Oct 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GekiritZ

GekiritZ New Member

Gee, ain't you an optimist?

Well, here's to being the first exception to that rule. I'm leaving/migrating because it's unplayable. Judging by the amount of people already declaring to stay, I can kinda predict the current server will still be busy enough to make fighting versus anyone with a faster RTT (yeah, RTT, not just ping, google it) the wonderful experience it has become at the moment. i.e. all your dogs suddenly pinging an empty spot all at once, sudden death followed by getting hit 200 times (yes, after dying) and a half loaded in character in T-pose saying "lol ez spot taken" teleporting across the screen.

Fun fact, did some asking around, and all the players who TP-killed me were NA/SA with moderately okay to bad connections that have zero issues in game. The only NA/SA players I can fight to a degree have to have ISPs that offer them well over 100mbps and a decent and correct network setup. I'm on a 500/50 line and run from an SSD, i7-8700k, 32gigs and GTX980.

Lifeskillers being "shafted", progression loss, losing your voluntarily donated money that came with clear and concise warnings attached and all those other bullhickey personal reasons and/or entitlement issues that don't necessarily apply to everyone can go drown in a ditch. They set up a server across an ocean so people can play BDO with a decent ping/RTT in EU too, for free, just to have a place to play the game people love free from being restricted by Kakao/PA's iron grip, and all of these issues should've been raised while asking for EU servers, not after they got confirmed...

Just be happy these guys give a hoot and listen, Kakao would've given you the runaround for half a year and then finally cave in but still stick a hefty price tag or P2W mechanic on the side of it...

SalWe, Hyza and Trixz like this.
  2. Ashkelan

Ashkelan New Member

GekiritZ what you experienced doesn't invalidate what I said. I precisely said "up until the influx of players a few weeks ago" for a reason, since that period there definitely has been moments where the server was borderline unplayable, but some people in NA who are close to the servers have had issues too.

"Lifeskillers being "shafted" ... and all those other bullhickey personal reasons"

Well, that's a pretty good one. I'm not a lifeskiller myself, but if there's any category of the playerbase that should receive special attention it's lifeskillers, because their experience directly affects everybody else's. If nobody is selling crafts on the marketplace, that means you need to craft things yourself, or get people / guildies to list things for you, etc, in other words a general loss of efficiency and a worse experience for everybody playing the server.

"They set up a server across an ocean so people can play BDO with a decent ping/RTT in EU too, for free, just to have a place to play the game people love free from being restricted by Kakao/PA's iron grip, and all of these issues should've been raised while asking for EU servers, not after they got confirmed...

Just be happy these guys give a hoot and listen, Kakao would've given you the runaround for half a year and then finally cave in but still stick a hefty price tag or P2W mechanic on the side of it..."

They are able to set up a new server, as some people have mentioned, at least partially with the money raised from long term players of the server who supported it.
    Said long terms players of the server, like Madking and others have pointed out, who have essentially been misled, because the current server who was supposed to be an international server, has now pretty much been turned into a NA server, without any input asked from the community at all.
    Obviously taken in a vacuum the creation of a new regional server is a great thing, but this is clearly a decision that has been taken too quickly and without enough communication and preparation, which is why it has a rather... mixed reception, as everybody can see.

I like this server, am grateful that it exists, have supported it and want to see it succeed, but I've been here long enough to know that this "Kakao super evil / Gamez super good" narrative doesn't really hold up, and to be honest I doubt you will be singing the same tune after a bit of time spent playing it.

Winning, xMovingTarget and Dankgalf like this.
  3. GekiritZ

GekiritZ New Member

This was before this influx, which was the late August update that added the whole "munch your costumes into enchantments" thing. It's been a thing on and off, and it's been known to not directly relate to just your ping, but other factors too, including the ping the other person has, the RTT for both, etc. etc.

If the playerbase is not interested in lifeskilling or doesn't resort to picking it up once a demand starts forming but no supply is at hand, then those players will either become self-sufficient, start filling the demand and forming/filling in the market for the demand or... leave... this wouldn't have been any different on retail in the beginning, but that's in the speculative realm of guessing what kind of players GameZ has garnered over the year.

This outcry for an EU server has been present for a bit longer, it' s a bit shortsighted to say this came out of the blue and you had no time to prep. The 4k target was a couple of weeks from the top of my head, and the earliest questions about EU servers date back almost half a year (to my recollection, I must add). So to say your and Madking's perspective it was going to be international exclusively vs. the perspective of people asking/donating for a EU server is somehow "better" is ofcourse, a little bit backwards, especially considering there's no mandatory migrating or region blocking. Things change, player demands evolve, server capacity has limits.

If EU players want to remain on the current server, Carl and Kolka sure as hell aren't forcing them off because they have an EU server. If you'd see a void forming, then that's due in part to the playerbase abandoning the current server for a better one, which also kind of proves the whole unplayable point, because you know, you'd not just let your progress here fly on a whim unless it was actually better elsewhere. You can't really pin it on the admins for listening to their playerbase and for the playerbase making use of what the admins offer them. If everyone leaves for the new EU server, then that is what the majority REALLY wanted, after all. And who knows, with the new EU server, Carl and team will get enough income to also expand the current one, giving it more capacity or processing power, improving quality of service overall for everyone.

Bottom line is, I see alot of disregard for the greater good and a pinch of ignorance towards the technical and practical aspects of "just offering transfers" and assuming the current server isn't in dire need to decompress before it buckles and implodes, for instance. Just makes me a little bit sad inside to see everyone lose their marbles over their own personal things and to direct that anger towards (attempting to) spoiling the fun for many, many others who've been wanting this for the longest time.
    (Oh, by the way, probably good of me to add that I've only recently joined the forums and reopened an account on here upon hearing the EU server was coming, it's not like I came rolling in last week :p )

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  4. blowmebaby

blowmebaby New Member

5. xMovingTarget

xMovingTarget MadKing

They been making more than enough to feed the whole of Ethopia for a long time. Its not an issue of funding. Hasnt been for a very long time.

Mycca, Winning and NakedToast like this.
  6. GekiritZ

GekiritZ New Member

It's kinda pure guesswork knowing exactly how much money comes and how much money goes out. I haven't seen either admin or staff drop details on where the money goes, and as long as you don't, it's kinda pointless to raise that as an argument, for all we know both Kolka and Carl may either be paying the rent with it and barely making ends meet, or they've decided to not get that Ferrari this week and open an EU server instead. You can't complain people being rich because people voluntarily donated.

Thing is, if nothing comes in at all, then nothing will improve, that's the only certainty we can establish on funding.

Ontopic; It is what it is, man, they say this is what they can do for now, just let them get it set up and we'll see from there.
    I'm 100% for a fresh start too, because of the lifeskiller thing that got pointed out. You can't just chuck a bunch of fully geared, self-sufficient people in an empty server, the economy will be a gimped hunchback because of it. Some basic things are already few and far between on the current server because they've gotten rich enough for them to not needing to participate in the economy of the game any longer...

7. xMovingTarget

xMovingTarget MadKing

I really cant tell you man. THey make more than enough to run 5 servers. cost wise. I know a few numbers. But that is where we leave it. I know they dont struggle ;)

8. GrandmasterKane

GrandmasterKane New Member

So letting Europe players who have been playing and supporting the game for a good long while (despite the high pings) move their chairs and continue their progress (which in my mind seems like a no brainer) is a definite no-no for now, and by the wording of the announcement post it would seem they won't allow it later either ? Shame, when I saw EU server opening I was excited...

xMovingTarget likes this.
  9. Alderman

Alderman Proficient

Annoucment for NA-EU Transfer? Oh God. Please don't transfer. So much dam PK at catfish. Full PEN ppl gonna wreck us.

10. BDlydNa

BDlydNa Getting there

That Post is a Week old, it was for EU Server Announce
    http://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/gamezbd-eu-launch.222730/

I don't think there will be a Transfer in the near Future.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  11. Alderman

Alderman Proficient

12. Winning

Winning GamezBD = Horse training online

There is only one reason the Admins would stay so reluctant towards transfers, They want all the players switching over to donate all over again, Carl only cares about those money stacks not making it "fair" because this is the most unfair descision that could be made. Money over everything!

13. Winning

Winning GamezBD = Horse training online

Most my discord friends are EU players whom I got to know on Gamez, we tried making EU nodewar guilds on here but it was impossible for anyone having a job to attend due to the times, Now you would think all these people want to switch to EU server because of the times? Well not really most of them just take a break until the greedy admins open up transfers.

14. xMovingTarget

xMovingTarget MadKing

Well, I left GamezBD for exactly this reason. This new server made a bunch of people either leave or go over there. We were one of the biggest and most active guilds on Gamez. After the EU start, we struggled getting 10 people on.
    It is disgusting. Truely, this decision has not been made with the players interest in mind what so ever. It just screams "We want more money". This is not why I came here and supported GameZ that much. Gamez has become what I thought they despised. Just like Kakaos/Pearl Abyss Cash Grab now. It hurts me to say it, But I wish GamezBD would have stayed small. With more players, more paying players, gamez got ruined.
    Splitting over the actually playerbase and having nothing for us as an option at all without losing everything and having to get it all again(including obviously the webshop purchases), showed alot of people what Gamez is about.
    I respect CarL, Kolka, Anzo and so on for what they build here. I really do. But they ruined it over time for alot of players. Just like any other Big game company these days. Disappointment over disappointment wherever you look.

15. GrandmasterKane

GrandmasterKane New Member

exactly, i'm on a perma break until NA to EU transfer becomes available, if ever. Time is money too, and though I did invest real cash into the server too and would be willing to do so again, but I'm not insane enough to start from 0 again on Europe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.