1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

EU server launch confirmed - copy our save files

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by raiasura, Oct 6, 2018.

1. DrunkenMonkey

DrunkenMonkey New Member

It's so funny, all this rant... totally for nothing xD

2 weeks ago nobody knew a EU server was coming and people still played on the international GameZ Server. Nobody forces you to leave the server you played on for the last months/year nd were happy about. It's just a better version coming now for EU players that can and want (like myself) start from scratch. If you don't want to do that why not just stay on the server you played before and spent hundreds/thousands of hours into? I guess you enjoyed and hopefully still enjoy your time there with all the things you achieved and how you can play there right now, so why switch then?

I totally don't get it. Nothing changed except for something new is coming while nothing is being taken away from people and still there is this huge rant going on... BDO community in a nutshell that is.

GekiritZ likes this.
  2. Vixious

Vixious New Member

You get something like 3 weeks of vp from the rookie rewards I think. One of the reward pages gives you a pet, a mount, combat book, kama buff, 7 day VP every week for nearly a month... I just started here 6 days ago and I already have 4 t3 pets (could have 5 but I want to aim for amerigo's package now), a t8 horse that I bred from two t7s that I bred from a t5 and t3 level 30 (did this whole breed chain in one day). It'll only take you about a week to get comfortable here due to the rates and steady stream of starter VP. With premium or without, you'd get a ton of pearls just for being logged in for a day or even a few hours, but you already know this. I say this to remind you that you won't be starting with nothing (for long!) if everyone 's open to a fresh rookie rewards page when they start. You'll likely have a few pets before you even get the day 2 kuku reward pet. Personally I went for t3 pets first thing since VP was given to me for free.

The workers, CP, and energy.. I can empathize with you. It's a lot of work. On retail I had a lot more than I do right now but honestly I couldn't enjoy myself on retail. I felt like it was a way of life that didn't fit with me being a mom and having outside responsibilities. I definitely didn't want to babysit my connection and workers 24/7 like some do. On EU though if you do swap over, you'll probably enjoy yourself more in the longrun with smoother gameplay all around.. not to mention relevant times for in-game events and more guildmates that are closer to your timezone. Starting over is demotivating to some. To others, it's an opportunity to make it big in a new scene. By the sounds of it, you know what to do and how to get it done. That's a leg up already on many who will join without all of this knowledge n_n Hopefully if you plan to swap you can go with friends. It's a lot easier with buddies to distract you from the grind.

3. GekiritZ

GekiritZ New Member

Carl already confirmed that existing players logging onto EU will be getting a welcome package;

- Just enter game in first 2 weeks of start and I will recieve:
    • Value Pack (15 Days) x 1
    • Horse Emblem for Returning Adventurers (Tier 7) x 1
    • Helter-Skelter Ceros x 1
    • Book of Combat (15 Days) x 1
    • Fresh Start Box (https://bdocodex.com/us/item/16272/) x 10
    • High-Quality Draught Box x 15​
    (taken from http://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/gamezbd-eu-launch.222730/#post-2141059 )

I'd suggest people start realising that they're losing nothing at all, they're voluntarily starting over on a fresh server based in the EU. It won't be region locked, your account cash on hand goes with you as well as having shared premium on both NA and EU if you still have it, and if you start playing on EU, your NA character is not instantly deleted or anything.

To talk as if things are being "lost" or "taken" is a bit overboard. Like @DrunkenMonkey pointed out before, people were perfectly happy/fine with the server as it was before, and that isn't going anywhere, so what's the point in demanding more when we're 1) not even sure what you demand is as simple as pressing CTRL+C on some file on the current server and 2) nothing is taken from you, you only get more options?

4. Disparaitre

Disparaitre New Member

I have seen some comments about what is the point of changing servers if you get only 100 less ping.. like its nothing, I have been playing Gamezbd for 3 weeks, and i know what it is like to start over after you had played for months(other games). Everyone talks about their progression but no one is actually seeing the fact that you cant pvp with high ping because you see everyone is flying when you knockback and drowning action when you knockdown. One last thing is that no one is forcing you to play on EU, IF you want to play on a server with less ping than what you get right now, you can choose to play on EU.

I personally get 200~ ping on Gamezbd NA server right now, PvE looks ok but it gets boring when you realize that monsters are not dying immediately after you hit them with your skills, and this affects your progress through the grinding.

I have tried to PvP with a striker from NA, I wasn't able to escape his CCs neither he was getting CCed by my skills. Again with a pvp between me(ninja) and a sorceress for EU, we were both unable to cc eachother as we both go into iframe everytime we dash, we weren't even able to catch us to do damage.

In my opinion, ping ranks among the top 3, between the issues that affects the gameplay.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    Winning likes this.
  5. Winning

Winning GamezBD = Horse training online

This is the thing the lifeskillers will never understand, BDO endgame for many is node/seige wars, And on the NA servers thats a NO GO for EU playerbase, So guess what, If you want to PvP more then RBF on weekend, you will be forced to change server.