1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Player killing equals less playtime?

Discussion in 'Questions' started by loboram, Sep 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

I am sorry about this thread as I can only suspect that many people will read it wrongly and think it is about player killing mainly and not about the playtime question which it is about. So all in all my question is really simple:
    If my character -who is just training horses on a loop- gets player killed -on channel 3 within a hour of the loop being set- will my account still receive "online playtime reward" for lying dead on the road for hours?

I am merely asking this because it would be detrimental to the whole server if it turns out that Player Killing leads to game disrupting consequences, also it will be obvious that our server should then get a special way to deal with the problem, but if there are no consequences other than my character death (possibly horse death as well) and loss of training time then I suppose it is not such a big issue after all you can always just train horses within cities/towns (safezones), instead of doing it outside them where by all means it is reasonable and logical to do so but the stupid game does not think so since all the graphics problems are entirely from the training practices in most major cities where there simply are too many characters in the same place at the same time.

In my opinion we should dig through the many different suggestions on how to make training (health, strength, riding...) a viable option without the drawbacks of the way the game is handling it at the moment, huge crowds in Heidel seems to be the major problem.

2. Ashkelan

Ashkelan New Member

No idea about your actual question to be honest, but just horse train outside safezones on the siege channel with a lvl 49 alt, that will be the best option for performance.

3. kenpache

kenpache New Member

Your "Online playtime" reward should be ticking even if you are dead on the ground as it is based on if you are online not when you are alive

loboram likes this.
  4. LegendaryN

LegendaryN New Member

Imho ; your perspective is kinda wrong. Looping is an option in game but the game itself is not AFK based and PK is a thing in the game system. And if the PK leads the game, than players are single minded or Anti-PK minded people are not balancing the game. And this is can be happen also while questing, grinding, boss hunting etc. I think PK is a need part for MMORPG.

I agree on the Heidel part, even I do not do horse training via loop, while I am in Heidel I can not have fun even tho my player show settings is low. The solution is in my end but even I do not get huge fps drops, crowded places are always visually not enjoyable. I suggest you reconfig you settings for player spawns and searching new spots for looping which might safe and less crowded.

As logic, while looping you are not playing either you are alive or dead :) but I suggest you to take time to test your theory. Just stay dead and check the played time section. So you can be sure on visual side :)

5. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Thanks for your answer, I suppose you are right as it does seem like the pearls still ticked away in the background while my character was lying dead in the road.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.