1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Reseting Central Market & New Economic Rules

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by loboram, Jul 1, 2020.

?

Reseting Central Market & New Economic Rules

1. Yes

36 vote(s)
    70.6%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    29.4%
  1. Mocks

Mocks New Member

They should ban your account and distribute all your silver to the players.

hotdaawwwg, loboram and marsseven like this.
  2. Khazz

Khazz New Member

here's my answer you little whiner
    [​IMG]

JoeShak and PENPA like this.
  3. ludiq

ludiq New Member

Yesterday hards dropped to 680k for lowest price ,from 840k for just 24 hours ,how exactly system decide that huge drop so fast ,while there was only 14 listed on lowest and many selled before that on max ,due to low availability ?And how to see how more further they can drop ? If they go 400-500k gathering will be even less profitable.Happened on EU server btw :)

4. Leroox

Leroox Proficient

i think the only problem is the market being much easier to manipulate. Restrictions should be harder on how much of a price variation can happen.
    Ppl can easily exploit the market with the huge amount of silver you get here compared to retail. Just take bladebouques for example. the guy contros the EU market on retail kinda easily with the amout of silver he has.
    Imagine here where everything is 10x more.

loboram likes this.
  5. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Alright, the thing is; GamezBD copies the Western-EU-Retail-game-version, however they get their code from the Global-Labs-game-version.
    So as far as I understand it, GamezBD then tweaks the version, and makes it more like Western-BDO as possible.

Yeah, it is indeed a huge problem, that one or two players on a community of several thousands, can decide to mess up the the entire Central Market, and there is nothing anyone do about it.

6. gamezacc

gamezacc Getting there

Its quite easy to explain why the market is going down further and further we dont have any source of liquid silver proeduction most people filter trash, trading is capped, caphras cant be npced anymore simply because it sucks, special deals is awfuuuuul money/h.. So everything loses value while silver keeps gaining value, but theres no silver generated and some people like the guy above sponge it all up until theres barely anything left.. might sound like im exeggerating but the playerbase cosists of like 2-4k players active or partially active its not that impossible if you consider all the facts stated.
    In the end it doesnt matter they dont listen to us :p

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    Maswa likes this.
  7. Leroox

Leroox Proficient

just buff bartering by a lot since its basically a silver dump into CM as it only produces silver and manos.
    But i do not think the problem is only lack of silver compared to itens. I think part of the problem is most grindable accessories are not worth shit. You grind a lot and make tiny money compared to someone that is semi afk doing cooking.

but the problem is the guy that is afk doing cooking doesn't give much to the market compared to someone who is grinding. Same with bartering, so in the end less and less silver are concentrated in pockets of a few, while the market is running dry.

8. AKalamidad

AKalamidad New Member

We are getting in the point where a lot of players are full gear and no ones cares about make silver, the AFK training horse / imperial / trade players are just a few. same with other profession that give raw silver (barter).
    maybe 1year more and the market will be all minimum prices in the end will be the same just with less numbers, we got a devaluation in the prices of item but the raw silver will be more valuable than ever.

9. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

Yeah, the main goal on gamez should be buffs to lifeskill so they can be at same level as grind.
    Because people don't remember why the market is like that... Remember that our drop chance is 10x more than retail, this is what breaks the game. You can't have a game with high rates/drop chances if this game bases on player economy... It's a simple equation. On top of that, you can see that every QOL change is only made to make PvP/Grind easier, that said, lifeskills will be even more closer to the limbo, because it will never get a buff like grind with higher drop chances and such. Lifeskill doesn't drop yellow items to profit like grind, so if you put all server buffs to grind, what do we see? A market full of items that nobody buys, because if you need an accessory it's much more easier, cheaper and faster for you to go grind for it instead of making money to buy it. That's why we need to remove Caphras Exchange, since it's a basic balance between lifeskillers and grinders. Grind gives accessories to the market and lifeskill gives crystals (shards, Caphras etc) to grinders equipments. Simple like that.

10. ludiq

ludiq New Member

Caphras reached 400k at minimum price ....i personaly sold several days ago ,and after that - no sell :(

11. hotdaawwwg

hotdaawwwg Getting there

Can you elaborate on why and how semi afk cooking doesn't give much to the market?
    Also the fever buff is pretty strong with trashloot ;)!

12. Leroox

Leroox Proficient

pointless to argue with you, everytime i see you on the forums is something about how lifeskilling is great and blablabla

13. hotdaawwwg

hotdaawwwg Getting there

i'm kinda lost in your argument i've never praised lifeskill or anything i usualy use data i collect or simple logic to see if something is wrong or not before proposing any solutions or advice depending on the situation.

so far i can only say the same to you that it is pointless to argue with you cause all i've seen you do is saying something positive or negative without any reasoning behind it ;(.
    It's sad that you're not putting any actual evidence on something before taking a shit on it.
    Far from me the intent of being mean toward you but next time try to be less of a cunt when somoene try to understand your actual point of view.

When it comes to cooking i don't know what you mean by no value to the market.
    All i can say is that Cron meals are valuables for grinders and on the side most people that cook do many other activities on the side like farming and obviously gathering.
    There is quite a bit of labor involved especialy if you craft things in bulk on top of having to cook them and invest money into things like cron spice and other things required for it,
    on top of that i don't afk cook for some special reasons but when it comes to cooking there is a lot of time and silver that are invested in it for the whole process.
    I'd say it also help a lot with inflation for some obvious reasons.
    If i were to pick a lifeskill that bring the less value to the market it would be Horse training but we could argue all day long on wich is the best and wich is worst if we just don't stop to think about what make something worthless or not to something.

If i were to put what i think in your manner i'd say
    Your comment on cooking makes no sense and you didnt even spent time reading what i've actualy wrote on lifeskill (wich i love doing despite the struggle it can be sometimes) lmao.

loboram likes this.
  14. ludiq

ludiq New Member

After reading Kolka's response ,i really hope they monitor the market and take some actions if need :) Probably they are cautious ,cos removing caphra buyer npc can potentially turn off a lot of ppl.

hotdaawwwg likes this.
  15. loboram

So? What has happened so far?
    NO Lifeskill improovements (not how it's spelled) since this was posted on the 1st of July.
    Still the same Caphras conversion problem, and more items that can be bought for Real-Life money, and then sold in-game despite the server-rule that says; "You may not advertise the intent to or commit the act of buying or selling items/characters/accounts for real-world cash (Better known as RMT)." (http://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/server-rules.87934/)
    Still the same Central Market problems, although, it does seem as if a few more players have started figuring out how to use the Market in a possitive way :)

This is the Official Comment to this thread:
    I am Extremely grateful for this answer myself, although it is contrary to what I wanted to happen.

@Kolka basically says; "...it is too much work to implement an addition to the Market functions, since EVERYtime we make modifications to the Server/Client pair, we would have to update or change the modifications we made..."
    I know it is not word for word, and I paraphrased it as well, but I hope that Kolka at least agrees with me, that this is basically what he meant?

@Kolka also goes on to say this; "Yes to be honest we do some interventions on market, but not directly, we not buy or sell items on market, but we have another instruments for balance it. Every week we make auctions on Vell Heart and Donate coupons for silver, sure most of you just look on it like on possiblility for 4 people per week spend their silver...And we do such analyzes in other game mechanics too. That make us possibility to not remove caphras buyers npcs, sure if we feel that economy in danger and need balance it, then we will just remove caphras buyers, but if u see it alive its mean nothing bad with economy at this moment and no need balancing it. If we need balance we will operate with caphras buyers first."

Unfortunately this left me a bit confused, so I am just going to ask:
    "4 people per week spend their silver", what do you mean with this?

One last thing;
    If you already implement changes or additions to the code, which also has to be copied and adjusted each time, then why would it be too much work to do an overhaul?

I personally can easily throw myself into the task of making a small functions modifications, math formulars, and everything you would need to put into a coding setting, but not without proper payment this time though :p

I DO understand, that it might not be as simple as I have made it up to be, I did not code Pearl Abyss' Black Desert Online, so I am completely lost as to how they manage the different sections of code and variables. BUT if there is a somewhat small addition that Could perform the changes, Everytime, without having you developers working overtime to make something fit into the whole that you created, then wouldn't it be worthwhile at least checking out?

As I said I do not know how the database structure is, nor how the code handles variables, but it stands to reason that there should be a somewhat easy implementation, a bit of code added to the database to alter the different values, or just an updated database?

16. loboram

To answer this simple question, let me show you just 1 example of what I am talking about; in the Central Market right now there are 100s of items that have no basis in the materials needed to build them.

The example I wanted to present was the Enhanced Flax Fabric, which is made with Flax Fabric and Shining Powder, BUT the problem is extremely obvious: Shining Powder costs anywhere from 200.000 silver to 140.000 silver, while the Enhanced Flax Fabric cost only around 90.000 silver.

ANYone with a working brain can see that there is a LOSS of about 50-100.000 silver per item here, if you were to create the Fabric and sell it.

WHY has this still not been at the top of the to do list?

WHY is it so difficult to see what is plainly infront of your eyes Developers of GamezBD?

The truth is that the Central Market on GamezBD, as well as the Trade-game which is an integral part of BDO, are becoming a running joke among the players who join our community, only to find out how badly it is being managed, and then leave again telling the people around them not to try out GamezBD.

I KNOW that my previous proposal might have seemed well beyond your abilities to tweak or make changes to the system-structure and code of BDO, but it stands to reason that the items are in a database, which is something that you should be able to tweak, rather easily at that. So? Why is it not something that is a priority? To make one of the largest aspects of the game, the Original Black Desert Online game, that you keep saying that you want to copy, the Trading and Market aspects.

Free up the Trading limits, and fix the prices on the Central Market...Pretty please...for ALL the players who want to experience a better GamezBD, more on par with the Original-BDO-game, with sugar on top...

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
    hotdaawwwg and gamezacc like this.
  17. LordXenon

LordXenon Proficient

Are you the one who was buying out Distortion earrings on NA and driving the price down for the last month?

18. loboram

I am sure that there are some player on GamezBD, that are only here to cause chaos and distruption to our community. The player claiming to have messed up a Central Market, is certainly one of them :(

19. hotdaawwwg

hotdaawwwg Getting there

Those changes probably won't ever happens for a few reasons.

-It require somoene to do a list of ALL the items that need to be changed and do all the math for the price that should be assigned knowing that people will disagree on most changes.
    -They probably need to figure out how to update those prices constantly without requiring too much work each time they do an update.
    -At the moment they have no reason to improve the current state of the game as its stand the game is good enough for them to profit from it without requiring any work other than updating and fixing some issues within the game.

I'd say best case scenario if somoene were to put a lot of hours looking at every items and making a spreadsheet with price on top of the explaination on why those price should be lowered/raised with the math behind it they MIGHT consider it if they feel like it's necessary or want to.

From my point of view at the end of the day they either lack the time the will or the knowledge to do those things but if i were to guess as long as their community isn't dying they have no incentive to engage and listen to the community for some things.

I hope i'm wrong.

20. Khazz

Khazz New Member

i'm on eu sorry^^