1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Reseting Central Market & New Economic Rules

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by loboram, Jul 1, 2020.

?

Reseting Central Market & New Economic Rules

1. Yes

36 vote(s)
    70.6%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    29.4%
  1. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

I fully appreciate your reply, and understand wholeheartedly, just how much work would be required to do this. But to answer that one quotation, I personally have to the time, and the skills to do so, but I have no idea of how the database structure of BDO is like, also it would require a lot of work on my part, so I wouldn't want to do it, without compensation.

About people disagreeing about the prices, I am not quite sure what to say...the thing is that the prices ARE wrongly calculated at the moment, of that there is absolutely NO doubt. You can see this in an extraordinarily lot of items for sale. It seems that there are only a handful of items that obey, the premise of being at least worth the materials used to make them, and as always it is only the items that the "mainstream" deem "worthy" of Marketing.

I know that what I called for in the beginning seems to be an insane undertaking, changing the prices of the Materials first, and then to make that change govern the items created with said materials, but after some thought I can see just how much of an impact that would have on the whole game's economy. So I am forced to accept that the initial changes I proposed aren't a viable solution.

However, to make the game interesting and playable by ALL manner of players, specifically the ones who appreciate the BDO-game in its entirety, then a few adjustments here and there, would certainly make it a flourishing Central Market as well as a much more balanced gameplay overall.

Don't you agree?

hotdaawwwg likes this.
  2. hotdaawwwg

hotdaawwwg Getting there

Yes atm we clearly lack of information concerning the dev team on wether or not this is possible and how we could help achieve that.
    Maybe if you were to ask Kolka directly he could give us a complete and clear response on how those things works and if not why it is the case, otherwise we're just gonna be wasting our time.
    I realy hope Kolka or somoene else see's this to give us more info!

loboram likes this.
  3. loboram

Kolka actually already answered this thread:
    http://forum.gameznetwork.com/threa...arket-new-economic-rules.233214/#post-2195436

So yeah! There will certainly be a problem when it comes to editing the version, that they would have to REtweak all the changes made to the Central Market. BUT it is just a database (as far as I know), which means that a good logical math solution Should be a realistic possibility.
    Yeah, they DO make small changes every now and then, which makes me think that what I propose is NOT too far fetched.

4. miapisthug

miapisthug New Member

So i didnt read the full topic but:
    how dumb of an idea would it be if, lets say the market worked like npcs? something like you're not selling items from player to player but instead you sell the item to the market and the market sell that item to another player. What I mean is, it could be like a bot that insta buy everything that you put on the market but at the same time post it back in, so what really would happen is that, the people that are selling will always sell and get the money even if theres no one to buy it, and as the bot would buy and post it back, there would be no "shortage" problem for the buyers either.
    At the same time this would also put a lot of items not commonly sold on the market, that would probably make everyone dumbly rich right??

5. loboram

@miapisthug while I like the idea initially, there are a few problems, as with anything really.

Just wanted to ask why would you think that items not being sold now due to terrible pricing problems, would all of sudden be sold in this new market setup of yours? Because the reason the items aren't being sold is because you can gain 50+% increase in sale value, if you sell the individual materials and not the actual crafted items.

Also that quote actually highlights the problem with the idea, because the game is designed to be slow moving, very slow moving, and if everyone just get billions of silver added to their accounts, then what is the point in selling anything or doing any life-skills or pretty much anything at all in-game, once you have acquired the highest gear available. The whole game would be dead in a very short amount of time, while keeping the Central Market an actual Player to Player market, will make the Silver in-game just move around between the players as it should be. BUT as I said, I really like the premise of the idea, and it would certainly be an awesome thing if we might get a Special GamezBD Content bonus, like adding a silver exchange to the Kolka-helper-NPC, which could exchange Metal Ingots 1:1000 silver:
    So you make 10.000 Iron Ingots, go to the Kolka-helper-NPC, and exchange for 10 million silver.

It is a small boost to silver, as you would have to make several million Ingots in order for it to be destabilizing, and maybe put a maximum per day would make it even better.

Forte likes this.
  6. hotdaawwwg

hotdaawwwg Getting there

It would be a terrible idea for a few reasons:
    -Market manipulation: if the bot buy everything automaticly there is no reason to underprice an item since its always gonna sells so price will keep going higher
    -New meta will rise in therms of what is best to farm and most people will probably ONLY do that and abuse the system to just make a ton of silver wich will lead to a slow decline in certain items not being sold anymore or way less than they should(maybe making some item too scarce).
    -Would require way too much work testing and constant surveillance.
    -BDO market isn't made to be easy.(price fluctuation etc should be dictated by the community to a certain extent if no one want to buy it should go down and if everyone does it should go up adding a retarded bot with infinite money will just create inflation wich isn't needed)

7. LordXenon

LordXenon Proficient

It worked like that on initial release on retail. It was promptly exploited, leading to an emergency maintenance and immediately patched out. The market used to outright buy your items no matter the demand and keep them in stock for players to buy.

loboram and miapisthug like this.
  8. loboram

Reviving this topic might make it up to date, and more players would be able to comment on this, as well as give their own ideas on how to solve the problem.

9. Khazz

Khazz New Member