1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Season drops in normal servers disabled

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Leroox, Mar 30, 2021.

?

Should Season loot drop in all servers?

1. Yes

79.7%
  2. No

20.3%
  1. Leroox

Leroox Proficient

Dont you literally only life skill?

2. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

First of all, calm down everyone, it is supposed to work as a forum, you know? Somewhere everyone can have a voice, without needing to behave poorly towards others opinions.

Secondly, it is a difficult thing to talk about since there are way too many players who practice the mainstream ideology, or "meta-gaming" as it is now called.
    The thing that most -if not all- players have missed, is the part where our servers respawn the monsters quite quickly. So there is pretty much room for all, and the point of an open-world, is that there isn't this idea of a "ultimate-best-spot" at all. It is really up to the intelligent individuals to figure out; where to go, when to go, and with whom to go there.

It might not have been the best move, to restrict the timestone-drop only to one server, but as far as I know, the Seasonal Server is the one place where you cannot be engaged in PvP? So it stands to reason that you would want to stay there until you have some meassure of "proper gear". When there are enough players on our community again, as it was way back in the day, with around 5000 players on weekdays, then it might be time for more channels, but as it is now (1000-1500 weekdays) there Should be well enough room for everyone. Unless of course they behave like spoiled-little-brats and interfere with other player's enjoyment of the game, which I guess this post is really about.

Puffery and hotdaawwwg like this.
  3. Aiste

Aiste New Member

I've made this account solely to comment on this and make my suggestion. Rather than having seasonal servers, why not just have 4 regular channels and allow season items to drop on all channels? On top of that, nerfing Marie so it's no longer seen as a meta AFK/semi-AFK spot where hundreds of accounts get banned due to macroing or botting to the point of breaking the rules. This solves the issue of player density, removes the complication of a season server in general, and takes out the massive silver mine that is Marie without outright deleting it from the map.

Leroox likes this.
  4. loboram

Sure sounds like an idea to me, however it shouldn't be up to the Developers to change the game areas, as has been pointed out SO many times now, they do NOT change in-game behavior for anything but the overall added multipliers. So whenever you see some ignorant fool saying something about something being shadow-"nerfed" (also a completely wrong use of that word if you know where the word is originally from), they have no idea of what they are saying.

I think it is a great way to lure out GamezBD abusers in general, handing them a place and "meta"-reason to go and do stuff like that, because it is quite easy to spot and report. Sure the Season-server Does add a critical problem to dealing with the bots, as you are unable to attack them :(

Somehow I believe that there are plenty of staffmembers and server-helpers, that regularly check out the different places in-game and on the various servers, to keep an eye out for this truly lame/lazy/dumbarse behavior.
    I mean really? Make an account, for an online game, then set it up to play itself? What kind of dumbo would do something that mindless? Makes zero sense to me, since games are to pass the time and escape reality for a while.

5. Aiste

Aiste New Member

I agree with the idea of a lure, but to the extent of Marie is a bit much. 200mil/hour while semi-AFK and legitimately farming when most active grind spots fail to replicate that at higher AP requirements with a much higher attention investment is.. problematic. Granted, this issue potentially goes away at the end of this season due to the reworking of seasons on retail.

I still stand by my suggestion to convert season to a normal server or even a normal Arsha server and allowing season items to drop everywhere as it was pre-patch. The density of players on the season server in places that it is viable to progress your gear as a season character are limited and while there are spots that are overlooked, the average player is going to have a bad time.

Personally, I play season because I enjoy progressing gear and a character in the closed environment that is season. It's far less stressful than trying not to lose several billion silver on a TET or PEN accessory.

loboram, Reiyhu and Leroox like this.
  6. loboram

@Aiste good answer and follow up there...I would like to point out that the "average player" has a lot of options, Other than what mainstream (meta) offers them. It isn't even that hard to find, I mean you would have to start with a premise of what the player is actually looking for, other than just "quick easy silver" which there is no one answer to, and basing their efforts on what they are after instead. Such as accessories for instance, or special drops, or just materials that you can gain from melting the items that drop in that area.

If it truely is only Silver you are after, then EVERYwhere is a viable option, and the higher the level of the monsters you are fighting, the more the Silver value of their "trash/junk-loot" (the grey items that have no other use) is. The wonderful thing about our servers is that the monsters respawn Really quickly so you can easily share areas, well with players who know this and aren't enslaved by mainstream thinking :)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
  7. hotdaawwwg

hotdaawwwg Getting there

Exactly
    In any case if people want gear it can take 3-4 days to get full pen Tuvala without any issues even on the start of the season if you know what you're doing and if you want silver you shouldn't be surprised that an early game method thats fully afk wouldn't be profitable.
    There is no easy method for when it come to pve but one thing is sure the better the gear the better the results should be.
    I've had my fun running over the map looking at different spot doing the weekly quest and so on, after that people should either graduate or just keep farming for Valk's if thats all they need.
    I'm confused to why some feel like these changes feel "unfair" or "stupdid" when its still an easy game :/