1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Server Maintenance on Launcher

Discussion in 'Problems' started by Cloo, Feb 23, 2023.

1. Cloo

Cloo New Member

Hey sorry if this has been posted before, but I really did try to resolve this issue without bothering anyone.
    When I attempt to log in, it gives me an error message saying, 'Server is in maintenance mode, try again later.'

I checked the server status using a link in the forums, it says everything is running which tells me something is wrong on my end

I changed the DNS as described in the troubleshooting forum post, and cleared using CMD, that also did not work.

I have Window's defender, I added them to passthrough and even turned off Defender with no success.

I launch as admin and redownloaded both the files and the launcher.

(If it helps at all my Gamez and Client version is 3588)

Again, I'm sorry if the answer is obvious, like I said before I tried fixing it myself, just need some help at this point. Thank you so much.

2. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Hello there and welcome to the GamezBD community. First up sorry it's been so long since I've been able to help out. But now I am here to help.

Far too late for a reply, but maybe just maybe you check back and find this reply. I would really like to help you out.

3. ChaonQuietus

ChaonQuietus New Member

I'm having the same issue. Returning to the game after nearly 3 years away. Have also tried the trouble shooting DNS change without success. I can log into the website without issue but the launcher gives that maintenance message since yesterday afternoon.

4. loboram

Hello and welcome back to the GameZ-network forum community. Hope your stay this time will be extended, and enjoyable ;)

First up, I don't want to demean your knowledge, but to me you're a stranger and I don't know how much you actually know. So, have you checked the "fixing most errors" thread, there is a link to it in my signature below? If so, what have you tried so far?

Just out of curiousity; why did you make a new forum account? What happened to the old account?

5. ChaonQuietus

ChaonQuietus New Member

In answer to your first question:
    I initially discovered the errors and solutions thread here: https://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/gamezbd-errors-and-solutions.210464/. Which sent me to the solution for error number 24 where I followed the instructions here: https://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/gamez-website-connection-error.204231/. This did not resolve the issue thus I am here now.

Following your response, I did the following:
    1. Close game and Launcher
    No issues
    2. Go to Username\Appdata\Local\GamezBDO and delete the files and folders in there
    No issues
    3. Go to the folder where you installed the GamezBD version of the game, and delete the Cache folder, and the version file in the main folder
    T
    here was no Cache folder here only the following folders: ads, bin64, fastresume, GamezBD Launcher, Logs, metadata, paz, redist
    4. Open Launcher, WAIT for it to update, and then run a Force-Filecheck, in Settings top right corner
    This task was completed without issue
    5. WAIT for it to finish completely, then close Launcher and reopen it, and launch game as normal
    Upon clicking logon I recieved the Maintenance SERVER IS IN MAINTENANCE MODE, TRY AGAIN LATER.
    6. IF ALL of the above fails, then you should find the Smartguard folder, GamezBD\black desert online\bin64\Smartguard, and delete the files in there, THEN run a force-filecheck
    There is no "Smartguard" folder located in the bin64 folder, only the following folders: EasyAntiCheat and host
    7. In case you end up here, without any idea of what to do next, please check using the ping command, if your network is reaching the GamezBD servers:
    Open your command prompt and ping the appropriate server ip there.
    NA IP: 192.99.149.135

Ping attempt timed out 4 times, 4 packets sent, 0 received, 100% loss.
    EU IP: 51.77.85.102
    Not attempted

Lastly I don't think I ever made a forum account during my last period of play.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2023
    loboram likes this.
  6. loboram

First up, Thank you so much, for being compliant and responding with such a kind disposition. There have been some who have thrown mad temper tantrums, instead of trying to find the error with us.

Secondly I found the problem: That's the issue right there, there currently isn't any communication between your computer and the server. It says; Ping attempt timed out 4 times. Timed out means that even though it tried four times, there wasn't any response from the server.

My best guess is that there is an issue, with your Internet Service Provider, or possibly at your end. However there might be an easy solution; https://cloudflarewarp.com/

Cloudfire has recently released a free VPN service, called WARP. It is the best way to get a connection to the server, should the problem be with your ISP. In some cases it even makes your connection more stable and just better.

Hopefully this will finally let you back into the game ;)

7. ChaonQuietus

ChaonQuietus New Member

Hey loboram thanks again for your help. The solution was starting the launcher as admin. Why? I'm not really sure but I have set the launcher to start this way and I am back in.

loboram likes this.
  8. loboram

Thanks for letting us know, and good to have you back.