1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Status of the server?

Discussion in 'GamezAION General Discussion' started by Biscuit, Jul 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Biscuit

Biscuit Trance Forum Legend

Hey guys,

I've been gone for a really long time from Aion, travelling to B&S, FFXIV, GW2, BDO, etc. but I'm thinking of coming back as I had an amazing time here :). How's the population here now? I am hesitant between playing on Aion EU (Gameforge) or coming back to Gamez. I'd very much appreciate some input! I'm sure there's a LOT of catching up to do haha.

2. Stark

Stark ᴘ ʀ ɪ ᴍ ᴇ ʀ ᴀ Forum Legend

Do yourself a favor and proceed on retail or play the games you've been playing. That would be 1 less regret you'll have later on :p

3. Tesseract

Tesseract YouTube: HLBKM Forum Legend

So, instead of actually answer his question, you guys will bash the server?

Hey there, we got 2 servers; Siel and Lumiel.
    Lumiel has the stigma system, its located in EU and has a really small population (10-5 players online)
    Siel has all stigma, its located in NA and has a bigger population; Depending on the time we reach more than 104 players per side, and in the down times up to 30-40.
    If you need to catch up with the latest ways to farm gear or get consumables or others, there's a all in one guide made by Loki! - http://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/all-in-one-guide-for-newbies.196543/
    If you need anything else, feel free to pm me

Zpiritcaster likes this.
  4. Witch

Witch Scarlet Witch

I just came back to gamez siel about a week or so ago after a long break. I notice a lot of good players/legions don't play anymore which kind of sucks for the players wanting a challenge & a break from zerg/ping pong PVP. I myself can't play any longer than 3 hours a day before I start to get bored, but that’s just me, everyone is different :)

When I play mornings my time the server is really dead & it’s almost impossible to find any PVP so you may have to log in the server at different times to find some decent PVP. Right now (11:53 pm for me) there's currently 104+ players on asmo side alone which is pretty active. If you do decide to play again I don't recommend playing all day as you will probably get bored fast that way. Anyway It’s best to log in the game and experience the server and make a decision that way if you want to come back or not.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
    Olivia likes this.
  5. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

I remember you! Hello there.

So, the honest side of the story, in addition to whatever everyone else has mentioned, is this.
    If you expect to find Siel the way you remember it back when you and I and many others were really really active then I am warning you not to. Gamez and Aion in general is not at its old glorious days with the big population but Siel can still hold around 300 players at peak times. The reason why players are getting a bit bored of the game is because there have not been any updates in a while, but the admins are working on bringing 5.0 to Gamez soon (don't ask me for an ETA, I am not informed nor do I participate in the process as of now, sadly). PvP has now moved to Heiron/Beluslan after a public vote and with the help of @Purell's Incursion event, with the sad side of the story being that zergs will always be something you will stumble upon. Having split the PvP in two maps (some players like it, some hate it) means however that sometimes you can also find smaller groups or even solo players to PvP against, but it also means what I said, that the old "ping pong PvP" back and forth in guarded areas will also be seen, unfortunately.

Battlegrounds have also been added (was a long time ago but I am assuming you've been gone for more than 3 years). They are event portals like 1v1 (fight against one opponent and win rewards if you're the winner) or GvG (get ported in a random group and fight against other groups) or even race (whoever reaches the end of the map with their mount first wins) but also instance portals for quick access. Players also do siege which is something that was never done some time ago.

Staff is always working towards bringing you events to make up for the lack of new content, so keep an eye on the events section on the forum for forum and ingame-related events you can join. http://forum.gameznetwork.com/forums/events.320/

Lumiel is not what I would call "populated", you'll barely find anyone to PvP with. Lumiel is now a European stigma server while Siel stayed a US no-stigma server.

That is all I can think of to sum up the situation of the server like you asked. If you need any more help or clarifications, let me know.

Biscuit likes this.
  6. Stark

Stark ᴘ ʀ ɪ ᴍ ᴇ ʀ ᴀ Forum Legend

I understand the desire to put the server in a good light seeing as you're a moderator but I don't see how is trying to spare someone from having 1 highly possible regret a form of bashing the server tho considering the person clearly stated that he/she is hesitant.

But anyways, lets get into how the server really is at the moment if you really wanted that.
    @Biscuit Gamez updated to 4.8 July 14 2015 and since then there hasn't been any major updates. The server is currently still on that version. Meanwhile, retail servers has released another version of 4.8, 4.9 and just recently 5.0. I believe K-Aion is now on 5.3.

Some bugs that came with 4.8 such as custom battle grounds not working, invisible obstacles in arenas and the few battle grounds left that are working are still present. There are also still a few bugged skills left in game a year after the release of 4.8.

As for gearing up, I would say that generally it's a lot easier to gear up now compared to before but getting the end game gear became harder and more expensive, like way more expensive and enchanting them is also way more frustrating than it ever was due to low enchantment success rate. There are a lot events being hosted which could help you gear up even easier and this is probably the only positive thing I can say as of now.

PvP at the moment in general is the same as before, mostly consist of race vs race zerging in open world PvP with a bit of automated 1v1 / auto or premade group vs group battle grounds spawning every after 2 hours (used to be every 30 mins and 1 hour). The current PvP map is Heiron and Beluslan which might turn you off considering your join date says 2010 and the PvP is still in the old maps but before this the PvP map was in the latest map which is Kaldor, it's just that it went backwards in an attempt to help the server, apparently.

As for PvE most of the latest instances are disabled, not working or doesn't drop the items they should be dropping in an attempt to keep them special or use them as event prizes so if you're a PvE player for the most part then there's no argument that retail would be a better choice for you.

Anyways, the owner of the server said:
    So maybe you have something to look forward to.

How soon is this? I don't know but feel free to ask the rest of the community for opinion regarding that one as I'd like to spare myself from being told that I am bashing the server.

Ollo and Witch like this.
  7. Illusions

Illusions ß̫͒̃ڻᶇٴᶇٴŷ̪ Ķ̫͌ńĭģĥŧ̝̜᷈ Forum Legend

Welcome back Biscuit,

The servers underwent loads of changes, I suggest browsing the forums a little bit and asking a few players personally regarding the server. Regarding the experience, I'd suggest getting stuck into it as nobody can make up your mind for you. Some people might find it more fun, some people might say it's dead. It's all a matter of personal opinion as far as I'm concerned. Regarding updates you can find the recent updates over here or just simply pop in-game and I'm sure an available staff member will be able to help you out.

Have a pleasant day.

Biscuit likes this.
  8. Biscuit

Biscuit Trance Forum Legend

Woah, thank you all :). I'll think about all the points in that case. I'm glad to see that at least the community is as great as it was back in the days ;)!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.