1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[VOTE] GamezBD Specials

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by loboram, Jan 4, 2021.

?

Do you want the GamezBD Specials removed and convert this server into a Complete Retail Copy?

1. Yes, because we want a server Exactly like retail

2.4%
  2. No, because GamezBD is a Private Server and should have Special Content

97.6%
  1. Hyleos

Hyleos New Member

it's really sad to see how gamez is repeating the same bad decisions from the opening until today, i remember when they enabled t9 horses registration and calling it a "bug" but leaving people selling horses for almost 1 month, i remember when they created gamez Eu and refused to transfer players data or even help them with a small margin of the cash shop players have spent on NA. i appreciate the vote and the effort my friend, but mark my word, they will fix this bug when the T10 unicorn update comes to gamez, since they will add it to the cash shop and in order for it to be sold is to fix the bug because it's special ability is running on top of the water. unfortunately i doubt votes or community opinion mean anything to gamez dev anymore. i hope a miracle would happen and they will take that 97% vote into consideration.Thanks again

loboram likes this.
  2. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

BUT, and this is quite important to know, the "underwater-breathing-horse" is UNDERwater. If you have Ever attempted the ride from Velia to the island of Iliya for instance, you would have realized that it is Far from a simple ride, from point A to B. There are sheer cliffs, and deep valleys, both of which lead to "dead-ends", so planing your route is a requirement, and you do spend time riding in the wrong direction.

I get that it would be a good idea to "fix the underwater bug", once a Super-Horse is released, that actually has a water-ability, However we are talking about two Completely different things here;
    The T10-Super-Horse, can literally Run On Water, that means over the surface, which does indeed make for an extremely easy ride, point A to B style.

The "bug/special" we're currently voting on (among other things), is the Underwater ability, which means a lot more work, because you cannot leave it on auto-route, nor can you at anytime dismount it for whatever reason, and you have to plan a route as well. That is a Lot more "work" involved in comparison to this Super-Horse ability, don't you think?

Hyleos likes this.
  3. Hyleos

Hyleos New Member

True, 2 different separate things, However, the "bug" and unicorn new ability serve nearly the same purpose, which is going from A to B while crossing an area full of water, gamez dev will see it as threat to their sales. i started playing gamezbd when they first opened their server, i was one of the first few people to join, funny thing is kolka was not calling this as bug at all, and when i asked him on discord years ago he was proud of this underwater horse and he said that what makes gamez unique, but now they are calling it bug and they want to fix it. unfortunate really...

4. Chiclete

Chiclete ꜱᴀᴄᴇʀᴅᴏᴛᴇ ᴅᴀ ᴊᴜᴊᴜʙᴀ ꜱᴀɢʀᴀᴅᴀ Staff Member Black Desert Moderator

We always said that underwater riding could be fixed one day, that was just not a priority. But remember that back on the days, we didn't had functional ships, nowadays we have Great Ocean update fully implemented and working! That alone would be reason enough to fix the "seahorse bug", however, again, it was not a priority and had no significant impact.
    But since PA already announced T10 Unicorn and stated that this horse will be able to run on surface for a while, that could be something that would bring new bugs since both codes, the new one for T10 Dine to ride on top of the water and the current bug to ride underwater could conflict.
    I'm not stating that this will be fixed, but it might be a possibility because it will turn into a must in order to make the real code work for T10 Dine. Or would you rather keep the bug and invalidate a new Dream Horse? I'm attempting my second Dine, already preparing to its T10, and it would definitely be a shock if it had to be released bugged because we "have to keep underwater riding". Could you imagine such a thing?

Yes, we did had T9 sells for a moment and it was indeed a bug. But don't you think our 10x rates makes it an easy money making? So we can call it a exploit. I mean... It's really easy to make a T9, even on first weeks of gameplay.
    I do hope you refrain from doing this type of comments so we can keep this thread respectful. I've been playing here for a really long time now and since before I've been a Black Desert Moderator I have never seen @Kolka state such things and I always had conversations with him about the game because I've been passionate about BDO since ever and I just wanted to learn. I can prove that he always said underwater riding could be fixed one day if it comes to a point of conflict. You on the other hand is just flaming this thread making false accusations.

5. Hyleos

Hyleos New Member

My English is my 4th language and i have read my comments few times here and i don't think i said anything disrespectful, if you think that i did so, i do apologize. + i would never say anything rude to anyone's post. As i said before, i started my journey with gamez, from the first few days of server launch. i have donated a lot to this server because i truly believed in it, and i do appreciate the work @Kolka and @Carl have done. if you started playing gamez long time ago, i think we both spent quite sometime here. i was just hoping that u would see some issues from a player perspective not a mod perspective, u were a player like us, and seeing 97.5%+ votes not taking into consideration is just sad. Trust me, if me or anybody else did not care a lot about gamez, they would never bother making votes or speak up or bother writing comments. @Chiclete , The things that i have done for this server is hard to believe, i had a page for gamez with weekly giveaways + discord server with consistent free premium for more than 10 random people every single week, sharing the server everywhere every single day. (paying everything myself just because i saw huge potential in @Kolka) and wanted to help gamez grow and be popular, You were not mod back then yet, i hope u don't find this comment disrespectful or anything and i wish u guys the best of luck. thanks for ur work. (i included a screenshot of 2019 with kolka before i leave)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021 at 3:58 PM
    loboram likes this.
  6. Chiclete

Chiclete ꜱᴀᴄᴇʀᴅᴏᴛᴇ ᴅᴀ ᴊᴜᴊᴜʙᴀ ꜱᴀɢʀᴀᴅᴀ Staff Member Black Desert Moderator

Stating that a bug will be fixed so the administration can get more money through selling T10 Unicorns is really offensive, among other acusations.
    I do see a lot from both player and staff perspectives, and you can see it when I come over suggestion forum to give my own opinion or just state a fact why something should't or can't happen.
    Players tend to forget the main reason why GameZBD exists, players thinks that this server exists to fullfil their whishes regarding what retail doesn't have, and that's not the server's goal. The main goal is to provide the same content but free of charge. You don't get to have every costume, pet and buffs on retail, on the otherhand GameZBD offers you free Pearls and a lot of benefits if you choose to donate, which is not obligated to anyone.
    I'm not here to debate what I do in pro of the community and I certainly don't need to, that would be ridiculous of me. What I do is because I like it, wheter it's as a staff member or as a guild leader. I'm so passionate about the game that I put a lot of work on both. Actions speak for themselves.

loboram likes this.
  7. skarpz

skarpz Away ~ Forum Legend

They don't care at all. Stop trying.

Sac likes this.
  8. Hyleos

Hyleos New Member

@Chiclete , i did not say it that way "bug will be fixed so the administration can get more money through selling T10 Unicorns", i said that if the bug is still there after unicorn gets released there will be literally no reason for anyone to purchase it because they serve the same exact purpose, am i wrong ?+ there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with selling T10 horses in cash shop, i myself support this idea, I have nothing against the cash shop and if u want i can share my transactions so u can see how much i bought and i don't regret it because i spent enjoyable time in gamez. as i said i do apologize if u find anything that i said disrespectful, but please, kindly don't rephrase what I'm saying in an aggressive way. for the first "accusation" u said , i hope kolka replies to this with what has been said when they first launched gamez (when they first created gamez discord) i remember exactly what has been stated back in the day of gamez discord. i don't know you @Chiclete but i see how hard u work and try to reply to most topics, and i would never go on a debate with you either, my comments were never meant to accuse or disrespect anyone. i created my forum account since 2018 and i barely reply or make topics, i just wanted to support the idea that 97.5% of people agree with. sorry if there was any misunderstanding between us. good luck to you

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021 at 8:05 PM
  9. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Hey there @Hyleos, just wanted to remind you that this is supposed to be a thread about voting to keep the "GamezBD Specials", and not a debate forum :)

Then I also really want to remind you, that the Development team doesn't have access to the Whole Server/Client content, which actually means that there are some aspects of the game, that they are unable to manipulate in any way. So we as players just have to be thankful for what they can tweak, that they have made the project in the first place, and most of all: That it is a free gaming service for the entire world to play.

I am merely saying this because some (if not most) suggestions made, have either been specifically for only one group of players, with a certain playing style that doesn't represent the entire community, or simply have been changes proposed that were too elaborate for the dev. team to make happen.

I get what @Chiclete says, when they say that; "...the new one for T10 Dine to ride on top of the water and the current bug to ride underwater could conflict.", and that would indeed be a terrible way to introduce the new Mythical Mount. So of course I will back the dev. team in that case, and let go of the notion that the "underwaterhorse" can be kept, as a GamezBD special custom content.

But please...lets keep the thread going, and perhaps even add more perculiar custom content to the thread :D