1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hadum bully problem

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MasterDCT, Sep 5, 2022.

1. MasterDCT

MasterDCT New Member

Hi, me and my 2 friends just came back to GamezBD to have fun again in this server as we did a few times in the past (played for months, took a break and came back). We need to make progress in Hadum and for weeks we still have not been able to progress much due to red players (multiple Musa) running rampage bullying not max geared players like us and run away from other players if they can't win.
    They are red players running around in Bandits, Orcs, Monastery, Fogan areas and no matter what time in the day we log in, there will always be one not want to let anyone grind. I understand that people want to pvp for fun or pvp to get the grind spot but it has become harassment at this point and our experience has not been fun like it was before with GamezBD. Because there is only 1 Hadum server, you can't run anywhere, either not grind there or just get harassed and can't grind.
    Kolka and Carl, please do something about this, we are considering quitting. I suggest create a some sort of protection items or let in incorporate into premium that red players (or some specific red players) cant kill you for a period of time

loboram likes this.
  2. NinjaRivo

NinjaRivo Getting there

eu or na?

3. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

This has been a GamezBD life-long problem, due to the horribly simplified mentality, of the mainstream gamers. One player at some point in the retail server, started this sort of behaviour, and excused it by stating: "This is BDO, it is a PvP game". Since then far too many players, have just mindlessly followed that idea, without ever stopping and thinking about it, for themselves or critically.

Well, luckily the GamezBD servers, are under the GameZ-Network servers, so the rules that apply to all servers, also apply to GamezBD:
    https://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/server-rules.26496/
    First up: "In-game Rules (All Gamez Servers)"
    So any rules in this list, are applicable to GamezBD, especially regarding;
    1. While playing GamezAion you must respect the rights of others and their rights to play and enjoy the game. To this end, you may not defraud, harass or threaten other players.
    2. You may not organize nor be a member of any pledges or groups within Gamez that are based on or encourage any racist, sexist, anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-gay, or other hate mongering philosophies.
    3. Spawn-Camping: While you may kill players at their obelisks we do not permit excessive spawn camping. If you are camping an obelisk to the point where you are completely stopping other players from playing the game/being forced to log out we will interfere accordingly. The aforementioned is not PvP, it's target-practice.

But because GamezBD doesn't have any Administrator, Moderator, or Game-Master, most of the rules aren't worth much at all.
    What most players do, is use the Player Report: https://forum.gameznetwork.com/categories/black-desert-reports.402/
    However the problem is usually lack of proper evidence, or that there isn't enough evidence. One screenshot, taken out of context, can easily condemn pretty much anyone, who's having a bad day, and says something they regret later.

So the berden (spelled burden but sounds like berden) of Pruf (spelled proof but sounds like pruf), is quite astonishing. The best thing you can do really, is to have a screen-recording program, running in the background, whenever you are actively playing the GamezBD game.
    I have recently upped my security, and have to use the OBS-recorder now, but there is a much easier, and better option inbuilt into windows: WinKey+G. The GameBar gives you the possibility of recording the last 30 seconds, also to easily turn the game recording on and off. Otherwise use the OBS program, it is a lot more irritating, but does offer a whole lot more options.

Some VERY IMPORTANT things you should know, about trying to report a Player here on GamezBD:

1. NEVER ever, edit the videos, or screenshots. The staff has to be able to see, that it is from GamezBD, as well as the whole image, regardless of what it is you might want to obscure, or hide from them. Because if you are trying to report a player, but want to hide something from the staff, then you are most likely up to no good yourself, and your credibility goes down the drain.

2. ALways gather more than one instance of whatever you want to report, doesn't matter how long the video you make is, since you can use ShotCut to Speed up the video, which is NOT editing it, but it does reduce the overall time and size of it. Loads of screeshots, and try to get as much context as possible, not just the place where the player behaves badly.

3. Lastly, just try to reason with the person, in-game using the general (/s) chat. Tell them to please stop and leave you alone, remember that if you freak out, and start swearing and cursing at them, they will only think it is more fun, to keep harassing you. Stupid in-bred dumbarsed mainstream gamers...not much you can do to change human-kind though. But do say: "Why are you repeatedly killing me? I am not attacking you, nor am I 'stealing' your monsters, since there is Plenty of space, on this server for the both of us. This is not your own personal server, where you can do whatever you want to, there are loads of other real-human-players here as well, who have just as much right, to play here without getting harassed. This is actually against the server rules, if you go read them on the GamezBD Forum, you will see for yourself. If you keep harassing me/us, then I/we will have to report you, so please just leave us alone."

Really hope that this helps a little, but it is really up to players, to keep reporting others, despite nothing seemingly happening, because at some point the staff will have to act. Also if they don't, the sane population can always just post, the many player reports they have made, and show that they don't take their own rules seriously at all. That will be quite a blow to the remaining population, or at least the literate part of it :D

Yeah, I have no intention of threatening GamezBD, but it stands to reason that they should be held accountable, if they make rules that they do not enforce at all. However, I do have a strong belief, that they aren't as lacking in sensitivity nor understanding, and will eventually take action against continual harassment/bullying/breaking of server rules.

4. loboram

Also just in case; Welcome to the GamezBD Forum, hope your stay with the community is an enjoyable one.

When you want to post something on the Forum, please make a Forum Search, if you click the forum subsection first, then the search will only be made there, also you can click Advanced Search for more options.

https://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/how-to-deal-with-player-killing.227204/
    https://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/player-killing-equals-less-playtime.222092/
    https://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/hadum-server-griefers.238704/

As you can clearly see, this is NOT the first time, we've (GamezBD) had trouble with this sort of behaviour. Oh, by the way, I am NOT a part of the GamezBD staff.

5. JeongERang

JeongERang Proficient

Strangely, I can't kill them by my normal characters.
    Red bully in hadum is very strong.
    It's my character to die, die, die and build corpses.

6. loboram

As I said, the best way to deal with this, is to Screen/Game Video Record, while you are actively playing, in an area where you are often attacked.

If the players are using some form of cheat, then it will be recorded.
    If they are just harassing you, and breaking the server rules, then it is also recorded.

You can then, after having recorded enough, and more than one time, Without Any Editing, create a player report, and hopefully GamezBD will take the appropriate actions.

7. kaer

kaer New Member

You know, some people just have to find their value in the game