1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Noob Lifeskill Variety Options - Lame Questions

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by Lessloveless, Oct 28, 2021.

1. Lessloveless

Lessloveless New Member

Hello Everyone, I joined this server a little bit ago, i don't have an awesome sense of time but maybe a month on the server or a little less. I've asked people on the server a few times about lifeskill options, and have been looking around at some base BDO stuff, and im running into a light math problem, and im just curious if this gets better//how much better this gets or if I should just toss lifeskills entirely.

So for context, running fishing AFK or active a full inventory of oranges at 250% sell rates nets me something like 30-40 mil, which is about 60 mil less than a bad hour of grinding time at the unpopular spot I decided to sit in. Essentially, fish is sort of a drop in a pond if I decide to grind for a couple hours.

I dont have a lot of information about cooking//farming on this server but I dont see bonuses anywhere, and there are less orders for common cooking ingredients which implies ill make little from farming but id like some info on this for the server if anyone actively cooks! Cooking/worker farming in retail was amazing easy active 100-140m an hour.

I dont have a lot of information on gathering either, but Caphras are much cheaper here, and older gathering methods in retail portion of profit relied on caphras per hour, and since number of caphras went up it should just level out to the same as retail here, if people even buy em.

I get that this type of questions might be kind of noobish but im just curious, some of the others ive brought to this server as well as myself are pretty into lifeskills as methods to keep our characters busy even actively while we zone out and listen to an audiobook or something, chill moments, benefits everybody, when we dont have a specific goal to focus on.

But, what kind of lifeskills do you guys do without giving away your super secret methods of doing them, and did actively pushing them benefit you enough to compensate on days your not into the grind and just wanna chill, or do you just do it here as like a small side bit of income? Outside of courser horses.

Sorry if this lame and I suk.

Edit: I read through the forums a little bit on this and think im gonna try hunting/gathering drop rate boost out and see what I can get out of it, seems from the comments of most lifeskills are in a somewhat weird spot right now.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
    loboram and Legendario like this.
  2. Legendario

Legendario New Member

This server is oriented to pvp/grinding. Lifeskills are in the background.

Jacking and Lessloveless like this.
  3. Jacking

Jacking New Member

that's so true. many things in lifeskill are not developed or even nerfed on this server.
    that's why all the items I get from life skills I never sell to CM for combat players.
    even the current CM value in my storage exceeds 100B.
    Better keep it to yourself.

for example if you like lifeskill gathering, and cut down trees to get 10000logs, the estimated time and energy might be 2-4 hours and 1000energy
    and after that you sell them all to combat players for 98M which they only need less than 30min to get the silver.
    it makes me feel like donkey

4. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

I really like that attitude towards gaming, taking it easy, playing for fun more than trying to compete for little to no reason at all. However in answer to your question, I am unfortunately going to have to agree with the replies already given.

You see, now I am guessing, when GameZ-network started this project, they had to take into account what kind of players they would like to cater to, and at the time it was widely accepted, that Black Desert Online was a PvP game, with some PvE for getting gear. Which of course meant that the management just decided, that the playing style focus should be on those elements of the game. They even had a set limitation of around 200 million silver per day, for any and all Trade related silver income.

Now fast forwards to the "glory days" of GamezBD, when there were around 2500 players online daily, and on weekends it was around 4000. The need to increase the diversity of players grew, and the management changed their stance on the imposed Trade limit, increasing it to 400 million silver per day. I guess it is a means with which to control how many players on GamezBD are actively playing, versus how many players are AFKing, or semi-AFKing, while Fishing, Trading, or Horse Training.

I understand why they did as they did, because our community is incredibly small in comparison to the retail-server population, then with more actively seeming players, the server channels would feel more populated than they are. However as everyone can see now, the limitations on Trade and not catering to the life-skilling players, has left our Central Market in ruins.

As this player says, it is absolutely not profitable, in terms of time versus silver income, to sell life-skill products on the Central Market mainly due to the insanely bad prices. I have tried many times now, to compel our community to rally around the possibility, of increasing silver revenue from all life-skill related sources. Unfortunately it is very difficult to suggest ways to do this, without upsetting the balance between actively playing and not, also not really knowing how much of the game can be influenced by the development staff.

So the life-skill players, who used to keep the Central Market going and full, are all but gone now. Which leads the market prices to being worse, as well as the sheer lack of life-skill products that keeps growing, means that the "combat" players who do want to try this side of that game out, aren't able to buy the materials to start doing so. Sure they could just go out and gather the things themsleves, but then we run into the whole; Time spent gathering, versus time spent "grinding", silver income disparity.

It just isn't as profitable to do life-skills on GamezBD at the moment, as it is to just "grind" monsters. BUT we're really trying to make this a somewhat level playing field, mainly to attract more different playing styles players to our community, but also to show the mainstream, that BDO isn't just as simplified as one player made it, by stating that it was ONLY a PvP game, which then became a mantra of the mainstream population on the retail-servers, and then spilled over onto all other Private servers made afterwards.

https://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/vote-gamezbd-trade-reform.237382/
    https://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/vote-gamezbd-central-market-fix.236592/

5. Lessloveless

Lessloveless New Member

Thanks, I sort of feel competition and meta is a monster swallowing the fun out of gaming across the board at the moment, when your odds of being the top player are little to nothing and generally rely on luck and your wallet, there is no enjoyment to be had out of it except the few moments in between all the deaths when you win a match. It was actually lifeskills that sold me on BDO, most games to me its either 100% or nothing and lifeskills feel like a solid 50%, leaving you with room to relax while still having goals your character can push to achieve and some solid fun moments.

I find this interesting, this server afforded me the ability to test out monster grinding at a much faster pace, but even then, the actual "Activity" differences at popular/unpopular grinding spots to something like gathering are somewhat minimal. With my Kutum Shai I walk up, press one button, and all the mobs die and my pets collect, only ever having to stop to feed them occasionally. Where as with grinding I walk up, I press a button, but im also limited by energy and have to manage that whole system, seems almost like more actions per minute for an active lifeskill in some cases. I understand some lifeskills are more AFK than others, but seeing as the server has a built in necessity for login time in the pearl system, and bonuses for remaining premium for example, you would think AFK would be more incentivized here as it seems to be through their bonuses. Not a complaint just thoughts.

Actually, shortly after posting this I found many of the mentions of your calls to action for the CM and I think its cool to find someone pushing for it. I found the CM in retail was also somewhat barren with odd pricing, just in some circumstances it still worked.

Just a thought, I dont know what kind of control gamez has over the system, though I see potentially custom events. Why not instead of a literal silver increase across the board, if they are against it, a rotational lifeskill event. Sort of like lifeskill "Seasons" but much shorter, where the event's quests push you to get things that are in regular low stock on the CM, or require things that are in low stock, and the quests themselves would be to produce them in mass quantities. Then link the quest vendors quest item input to the CM somehow so when you turn items in to complete the quest, the stock eventually increases on the CM, while providing the player with an event token to amass to attempt to gain an event reward. Keeps people doing lifeskills, even actively, rewards the player, fills the central market, ensures that you are rewarded for variety, gives people who think lifeskills are dead a reason to do them anyway. You'd just need to find a way to make it time consuming enough for them to not drop prices on CM items instead of keeping them the same or raising them. May drop number of grinders during a lifeskill rotational event, but signed on users working towards a goal is the goal, id imagine.

I understand and thanks for your input! I'll see if there is any way i can find to get a hang of it and if nothing else I guess I'll stay signed in for the pearl rewards on occasion, maybe make a super cool house :) Still super grateful for the server and enjoying my time on it. Hopefully lifeskills both here and in retail eventually make a comeback in a way that pleases everyone, and the game doesn't get fully consumed by PVP like it appears to be in retail.

loboram likes this.
  6. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

I am really glad that you have come up with a possibility that I had not considered...So unless you have a reason not to link it to the Central Market suggestion I made, I would really want to add your suggestion to my thread :)

Lessloveless likes this.
  7. Lessloveless

Lessloveless New Member

Oh please feel free :) Hopefully it ends up being helpful.

I feel if we can find a method to fix variety and demo it being functional we may even pull more people to GamezBDO. There are or were, full guilds of people and whole chats dedicated to lifeskills in retail, itd be cool to reel in that community, they were a great part of it.

Let me know if you need anything from me

loboram likes this.